TR3 windscreen washer manual pump

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: TR3 windscreen washer manual pump
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:41:24 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "JAMES" == JAMES S WALLACE <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>
>writes:

    JAMES> Can anyone verify the
    JAMES> way this works? I had it out for some exercise and
    JAMES> expected it would suck water in one side and squirt
    JAMES> it out the other, but it seems to suck it in or
    JAMES> squirt it out both nozzles together, as the plunger
    JAMES> is pumped.  Was there a foot valve in the bottom of
    JAMES> the reservoir, or is my pump defective?

There's a little rubber flapper valve in the TR-4 version of
this part.  Over time, and with the ethanol in WW fluid, it
dries out and doesn't flap anymore.  I have two that are this
way, one cut apart for diagnosis.  If the TR-3 part is the
same, this may be your problem.  I'm still looking for a
functional one, so good luck.
                                                        -MM