Spitfire Database Report

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire Database Report
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:08:56 -0800
Since today seems to be the day to report how many are left, I submit
the following status report on the Spitfire Database I am compiling.

Note: this list is heavily skewed by a rather lengthy list of Swedish
Cars complements of our friend Odd Hedberg.  I an in the process of
exchanging lists with Jon Korman of the VTR, so the American
representation should increase handily on the future.  Also, I have been
getting quite a few inputs from owners both US and abroad thanks to
publication of my request in several Club newsletters.

Here goes:

Model     Number in database       Swedish Cars included
1500             105                      25
MkIV             213                 all but 12
Mk3              443                 all but 27
Mk2              255                 all but 14
Mk1              347                 all but 15

As you can see data is very incomplete, as there were over 314,000 of
the various models built.  However, one can draw some initial
conclusions based on what has already been received.

1. Older Spits are not remotely as plentiful as their build numbers
would suggest.

2. 1500 models are significantly more plentiful than other models
(mainly because there were over 95,000 built and they have not had as
long to rust and be discarded).

3.  I've got a loooooooooong way to go.

Keep that data coming in.

Regards,