Re: Drivers

To: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: Drivers
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:12:11 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James Charles Ruwaldt wrote:

> And the cops seem to think it's more important to stop the speeders than
> deal with the idiots in the passing lane.  I'm particularly referring to
> the ones who think when they set the cruise control, they don't need to
> touch the accelerator for the rest of the trip and pass people with
> marginally different speeds instead of speeding up to get by them faster.
> Jim Ruwaldt
> '72 TR6 CC79338U
> Bloomington, IN

As we are dumping on stupid driving habits today, let me insert my
greatest peeve.  Here in Washington and I'm sure all over, the freeways
are packed with people who think it is proper to drive right up on the
car in front's bumper.
If you are traveling at a reasonable speed (the flow of traffic) and try
to allow a reasonable distance between you and the car in front, some
idiot always (not just occasionally, but ALWAYS) jumps into the gap.  If
you back off to increase the space, it happens again.  They just won't
allow the proper spacing, as if that extra 30 feet or so is going to get
them to their destination faster.

Nuff sed!

Joe Curry   '63 Spit (intimidated by tailgaters)