Oil in Zenith Strombergs

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil in Zenith Strombergs
From: "Andrew Lindeman" <Dr_Faustus@cyber-west.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 97 00:29:52 -0500
-- [ From: Dr. Faustus * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I followed the thread on the Stromberg carbs long enough to know WHERE to
fill them to, but I have a question.  I happen to have another hobby (What a
shock eh?).  I race R/C cars.  The little shocks on the cars are filled with
a high quality silicone oil.  This is pure silicon oil, and varies in
viscosity little when heat and cooled.  I have weighs from 5 to 80 and am
wondering, would this stuff work in the carbs?  And if so, about which
viscosity is the best to use?

Andy L.