Re: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500

To: <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 23:46:34 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ed: from my 97-98 marketplace directory they are still listed as ---

GB Sportscars
Stanbridge Rd., Billington,
Leighton Buzzard, Beds
LU7 8JH
phone#  01525 378 078

"Triumphs mainly Spitfires and GT6".

I purchased mine in 1988 so the price of L25.00 plus post may have gone up
somewhat.

Back then I obtained most of my source information from the Triumph Sports
Six Club.  Prehaps one of the homeland (British) listers could offer
suggestions on reliable recyclers who may offer quality goods at reasonable
prices.

----------
> From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
> To: Larry Quirk <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
> Subject: Re: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500
> Date: Thursday, November 06, 1997 10:27 PM
>

> Larry Quirk wrote:
>
> > Ed wrote:
> > ----------
> > > From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
> > > To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> > > Subject: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500
> > > Date: Tuesday, November 04, 1997 8:53 PM
> > >
> > > Looking to change  the single carb arrangement on my '80 Spit to a
dual
> > > 1-1/2" su setup.  Should anyone have this setup lying about, please
> > > contact me.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Ed Hamilton
> > >
> > Ed:  incase no other listers come across with the goods, I got mine
from a
> > Spit/GT6 recycler in Whales (UK).  They cost me the equivalent of
$75.00 US
> > and included all parts to attach including the manifold & filter air
box.
> > I spent $150.00 more rebuilding & having the bodies bushed with new
shafts.
> >  A couple of evenings spent polishing piston chambers to a chrome like
> > gleam.  I toped them off with K&N pancake individual air filters and
used
> > stainless steel allen key head fasteners all around.  Use the yellow
piston
> > springs with the K&N's and expect to buy a number of needle pairs as
you
> > dial these in.  Headers, compression, cam, altitude, etc. will all have
an
> > impact on what needles work best.  Don't expect too much of a
performance
> > gain on a relatively stock engine but as mods go up, they sure help the
> > breathing.  The K&N's give the intake a nice "honk" to match the
exhaust
> > note.
> > Good hunting,
> > Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk
> > 80 Spit
> > 70 GT6
> > 69 Spit
>
>   Larry,
>
> Appreciate your comments.  I have found them from one source.  However,
the
> quoted price is much more than that which you referenced (by a factor of
> five).  Would you have the Name and Telephone Number of the company in
Whales?