Re: Speedometer

To: KGeromini@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedometer
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 14:53:14 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-08 13:45:59 EST, KGeromini@aol.com writes:

<< I have a TR3b whose speedometer needle rests at the 20mph line.  It is
slow
 to start but when it wams up the speedometer needle will react to the speed
 of the car and is about 10 -15 miles per hour faster than the actual speed.
  The odometer and trip odometer work fine which indicates to me that the
 cable might be ok.    My idea is to start with replacing the cable before I
 get into replacing the speedometer.  Any Thoughts??? >>

It sounds to me like 30+ years of dust, dirt and dried lubricant. Probably
need recalibration too.  Funny what 35 years or so does to cars.

Bob Paul