Re: Dashboard

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 14:50:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Justin Wagner wrote:

> Amongst my various skills, trades... I'm a carpenter...  $340 seems high
> for someone who's made more than one... and has, thus, already created
> templates and jigs...For example, if someone wanted me to go into
> production, I'd say, $500.00 for the first one, and $175.00 for each one
> after.  For especially good work... $240.00?    Anyways...
>
> Regardless... I know the dash is a focal point...  but it's not like the
> factory dash was anything like a Rolls Royce....  It seems to me...
> what's important is that the car appears stock...  which dosn't take a
> $340.00 dash to do... Spend the lesser amount... and take the difference
> in cost... and put it into some other details on the car...  It will be
> well worth it.
>
> My 2 cents.
>
> Justin
Justin - I thought $340 was a touch high myself. He claims the high
price is due to the materials, all imported, and the finish, gloss, lots
of coats, hand rubbed, etc. I'm likely going to go with the dash costing
$180. It's cheaper than the big 3 and assuming his claim is correct
about lightening to an orangish color, probably closer to original.

It would be great to hear from someone who has one of his dashes to
verify this.

Thanks for your 2 cents !!!

Marty Romagni
Painesville, Ohio