Re: Wipers work, but.....

To: William West <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Wipers work, but.....
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 18:38:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
William West wrote:

> Whoo-hoo....put a different wiper switch in my 76 spit and I have wipers
> again.  But, the same problem that plagued me before still is there...  Why
> does my entire switch turn when I try to turn on the wipers?  What fasten
> down am I missing?  The dead switch did the same thing.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Will

Will,
I just looked at what's left of the dash from the 75 parts car.  The
wiper switch is doing what you described.  The reason is that the switch
doubles as a pump for the washers and somehow the two parts have become
separated.  This causes the whole pump assembly to pivot when the switch
is turned.

Na Na..Na Na Na...   My early Spit doesn't do that.  Of course I only
have one wiper speed.

I wished I could suggest an alternative, but I 'm afraid you may have to
replace the pump too.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit