Re: Wipers work, but.....

To: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Wipers work, but.....
From: Chuck Simons <clsimons@simons.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 21:22:56 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Will,  I have a 72 MkIV that did the same thing,
Upon inspection I found that the internal housing of the wiper switch  is
keyed. The keyed section is made of plastic or VERY poor quality metal. The
one on my spit was stripped. There by letting the switch spin.
I inserted a washer that effectively moved the stripped section so that the
keying surfaces mated again.

If your interested, Drop me a line and I will draw up a diagram of what I did.
It's real hard to describe in words.

Chuck..

At 05:33 PM 11/9/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Why does my entire switch turn when I try to turn on the wipers?  What fasten
>down am I missing?

Chuck & Karen Simons
L.A. (Lower Arkansas)
72 Spitfire  FK33548U