TR4 Heater

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Heater
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 20:40:28 -0800 (PST)
Ok... got the antifreeze out of the heater, broke the two little hoses on
the inside dash, removed the ductwork...

One nut and 2 bolts out, one to go...

*boing*

Murphy's law... it's not coming out.

Are the nuts supposed to be captured, or will I really have to remove the
dash?  The other two bolts came out will a little effort.  I'm thinking I
broke the welds that hold the last nut on. (ugGG)

The bolt head may or may not be 7/16.  The nut is Whitworth 1/4.  Sadly my
Rolls Royce Renches are 1" too short for me to get my hand on whilst
they are on the bolt.

Anyone got experiences to share?  The nut is now being bathed with
penetrating oil.

As an aside, can someone enlighten me as to the differences in *wrench*
sizes between Whitworth and BSF... the local cheapy tool mart has a single
5/16 BSF wrench, I want to know if I have a use for it.

Thanks,
-Malcolm