Rochester, NY, fire chief's TR3A

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rochester, NY, fire chief's TR3A
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:47:43 +0500 (EST)
Dave Eaton and I have been chatting privately about a forthcoming 1:43
model from Eagle's Race (nee Jouef) of a red TR3A convertible "Fire rapid
response vehicle from Rochester N.Y."

There IS a color photo, on .48 of issue no. 3 of Triumph World,
August/September 1995, of the TR3A belonging to the Rochester, NY, Fire
Chief. It's red, with red interior and black tonneau cover, and a REALLY
BIG siren/spotlight(?) mounted on the RF fender.

It is difficult to tell the exact vintage of the car, and the photograph
is not dated. However, the car appears to have a blue/white Triumph badge,
which would likely make the car a 1959 or later. The license plate is
either a 58/59 (two year plates at that time in NY, with an extra year tag
on the rear plate only -- photo shows front plate) or maybe a 62/63. I'll
guess the former?

Also, FWIW, there are three additional badges on the front of the car:
what looks to be a TSOA in red/black, an RAC badge and a smaller,
unidentifiable badge -- all mounted on an accessory badge bar. And the car
has wide whitewall tires on disc wheels.

Contrary to the model -- depicted on the "Triumph Scale Model Collectors
Site "news" section <www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8820/trnews.htm>,
the original car apparently did NOT have a luggage rack on the boot lid,
and the shape of the siren on the model doesn't match that of the real
car.  But HEY, we're nitpicking now! The model does have the correct
disc wheels and whitewall tires as per the photograph of the original car.

Our question: does anyone on this list who might currently reside in
Rochester, NY, or did back in the late 1950s or early 1960s either
remember this car or know if it has survived? Not that it matters all that
much -- aren't there enough red TR3As already? :-) -- but we're just
curious.

--Andy