Re: Penpal Greetings

To: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Penpal Greetings
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:13:34 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Stahlke wrote:
> This morning I started my TR6 in below freezing weather and the tach (or
> cable) made a loud buzzing sound. The tach was pegged when it should have
>read less
> than 2K rpm. Is it time for a new cable or worse?

  This was the way my old Corolla used to tell me when the
temperature was below -30, except mine was the speedo. Nothing
like burying the needle in first gear. ;>

  I think it's just the grease hardening or freezing
somehow. After a few blocks it goes away, as if the friction
makes it warm again.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada