Re: TR 250 Engine Rebuild Question

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR 250 Engine Rebuild Question
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:04:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com wrote:

> Hello list:
>
> I need your help.
>
> I am restoring a TR 250. I decided to degrease and clean the engine, renew
> the gaskets, replace the freeze plugs and repaint the engine. The freeze
> plugs are the problem.
>
> While knocking out the freeze plugs, one of them was knocked inside the
> engine water jacket. I have tried to get it out and probably can do so, but
> it will take a significant expenditure of time. My question is: will the
> floating freeze plug create a problem with water flow? Any other problem with
> leaving it in the water jacket?
>
> Many thanks for your help in advance.

Steve,
With that impressive list of autos, surely you didn't expect anything
but the obvious.  Maybe it's just a hope you would get a different
answer.  Perhaps you will.  But not from me.  For my money, I don't want
anything larger than a rust flake running around in my cooling system.
So go ahead and expend whatever time is necessary to get it out of
there.

Regards,
Joe Curry  '63 Spit etal.