Re: Door post

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Door post
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 21:47:18 -0800
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm Walker wrote:

> Has anyone got a TR4 body shell destined for the dumpster... I need a
> driver's (left) side B-post.  Mine has vanished, and in its place was a
> small pile of rust.
>
> I will probably be investing in some tanks for the oxy-acetylene unit
> soon, and I will be refabbing some of the lower body panels; can anyone
> help me with the actual construction of the rockers?  ie; which piece
> attaches to which, etc.
>
> Also I have heard of a "spot weld removal" tool, what is this, how much
> does it cost, and who makes it?
>
> Thanks...
> -Malcolm

Malcolm,
I've got a friend that has about 400 Sq. Ft of TR parts piled floot to
ceiling.  I'll ask him about your B-Post.

As for the Spot weld removal tool.  It is a sort of hollow drill bit.
Th
e theory is, you drill out the spot weld, but what happens is a donut is
drilled out around the weld.  The panel comes off, but left is a raised
portion where the spot weld is.

You then get out the old angle grinder and grind it smooth.

You should be able to find one at most auto body supply shops.  They
aren't cheap though.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit