RE: TR4 glovebox rebuild

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 glovebox rebuild
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:51:12 -0800
Carl,
I'm assuming that you mean as re-enforcement and then re-installing the
original.  I've seen attempts at this, and I stress attempts, and none of them
were very successful.  I'm considering glueing the original back together and
using it as a form to make a fiberglass mold.  I would then remove the
original and create a new glovebox out of fiberglass using the mold.
However, if I can locate this $15 plastic glovebox, my money goes to that.
I've worked with fiberglass before, it's a pain in the ass.  And I know that
the supplies will cost at least $20.
Dave.