Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)

To: "Peter Ficklin" <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:38:18 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter, the ones I purchased from a supplier in England are A = 13/16" and B
= 5/8".  They are not exactly as you have so carefully diagrammed.  The
transition between nut and shank on mine is squared at right angles, not
beveled as you show in your artwork (to be used with thick flat washers on
the wheel face.  I had to use two thick washers to compensate for dimension
A being slightly too long for my wheel thickness and sleeved the wheel
holes with 1/2" copper pipe joint connectors (cut to length) to make up for
dimension B.  My slotted aluminums have the manufacture's name "SHELBY"
cast into their backside.  If these dimensions appear to be of interest, I
can dig through my records and see if I can locate the suppliers
name/address/phone.

I remain, a man with squared nuts ----->  Larry Quirk