Re: TR4A IRS Alignment

To: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A IRS Alignment
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:03:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I ain't no wizzard but....

Triumph specifies alignment with a 70kg weight in each seat. Doing an alignment
on an
empty car won't do any good.  As I remember, in the Triumph
manual, they used two soft sand bags, sort of hinged in the middle, placed
gently in the
seats.....

If you've added TR6 or other HD springs, especially TRF 777, she'll ride
pretty high without any weight in it... too high to get an accurate alignment
(IMHO).

I just wrote an article for the VTR website on repair to the front suspension.
(I just
realized that I need to add a section on alignment.) I'm looking for folks to
read it
before I send it on....anyone wanna give it a try?
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900