Re: New data in!

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>, Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Subject: Re: New data in!
From: stuart l friedman <friedman@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:31:12 -0800
Cc: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Let's be accurate and fair.  Fellow listers, since 9/19/97 there have been
a total of 4,960 posts to this list of which 418 have been by Joe.  That is
a respectable 8.43%.  We'll leave it to some UNIX guru to write a script to
actually find out who has posted in the most threads......

stuart.

At 9:53 AM -0800 11/20/97, Joe Curry wrote:
>Dean Paige wrote:
>>
>> Joe,
>>
>> I think it means you respond to about 98% of all postings to the list.
>> Lot of time on your hands Joe?
>>
>Deano,
>Lately, yes...  Business has been rather slow...
>
>But I have been watching this list rather closely for Spit owners that
>pop in occasionally.  I can'y let even one slip through my grasp. The
>data has been trickling in rather slowly, but I have just gotten word
>from Jon Korbin that he's about ready to send the VTR data, so it looks
>like that'll tie me up for a while.
>
>As for responding to messages, I doubt it's 98%.  I don't know much
>about The TR's but scan the messages just to keep up.  The more I read,
>the more I'm convinced that the other Triumphs have a lot in common with
>the Spits.  Wiring, Gauges, engine fproblems, fuel/carb problems, etc.
>
>Johnny said in his response to the color question that Spits had been
>repainted red at a rate of 99%.  That was of course an exageration.  I
>find that the lower 30% range seems to be true.  And my response rate is
>probably in that range as well.
>
>I only hope that some of it is either useful, funny or in some cases
>appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Joe Curry   '63 Spit

******** note new area code and address********
Stuart L Friedman                       email:  friedman@leland.stanford.edu
Center for Materials Research          office:  650.723.4768 (cube 119c)
Press Warehouse                           lab:  650.723.1112 (rarely there)
Stanford University                       fax:  650.725.5457
Stanford, CA  94305-4045