Re: Fuel filter <-> fuel line

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel filter <-> fuel line
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:11:51 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

> This summer I was checking out a nicely restored TR3 and the owner had
> replaced the fuel line with copper. It stuck in my mind because it
> seems there'd be less long-term corrosion problems (look out, here
> come the metallurgists...) but the best part is: it looks great!

I'm not a metallurgist, but I've learned from experience that copper
tubing needs to be very well supported by lots of brackets fairly close
together.  Otherwise it tends to harden and crack as an effect of
vibration.  That's why fuel lines are usually steel.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us