Re: New Wood Dash

To: Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: New Wood Dash
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:00:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil Smith wrote:

> A little while ago, just prior to the UPS strike, someone on the list had
> stated that they had special ordered, I beleive from TRF a wood dash,
> orangish in color and grainy. I can't remember who it was, but was
> curious if you got it and what did it look like, were you satisfied?
>
> Phil Smith
> Tampa, FL.
> 69 TR6

Phil:

No. You're not having a flash back! I saved this early post so I could
get
back to you when my Teak dash came in from TRF.

Well, it came today and I am totally satisfied! The color of the teak
vener
is a much better match with the original French Walnut than the standard
walnut being used by the big three.  The grain isn't as dramatic but it
still looks great.

With the cost being the same as the American walnut, I would highly
recommend
going with the teak since the color is so much closer to original.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6