Re: TR4 Questions

To: drake@direct.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Questions
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:06:51 -0500
Sorry I'm so late at posting a reply to this, but you know how those business
trips go!

1. Door striker and lock hardware should be left natural (although name me a
DPO that has done this!).

2. Bumper support brackets are painted black.

3. Cars up to at least CT584 did not have "TR4" on their truck (boot) lid.
We have indication that after this the TR4 was put on most, but not every
trunk lid until about CT900.  After that we believe that they were on ALL
trunk lids, but Chip's testimonial will have to be investigated!  Right now
the updated draft of the TRA TR4 judging guidelines contains what I wrote
above.  Of course, deviations from the written rules are allowed with proper
documentation - disclaimer mode off!

Bruce Clough
TRA TR4 Judging Guideline Author & Great guy...

BTW:  Justin, I got your comments on the TR4 judging guide, but haven't had
time to read them yet.  Those that have a copy of the draft, and haven't
 provided me comments - shame, shame!