Reinforcements for TR6 differential mounts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reinforcements for TR6 differential mounts
From: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@cadence.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:27:29 -0800 (PST)
A recent tech session with my '74 TR6 revealed one
of the mounts had a crack from the edge to the bolt
hole  TRF no longer sells the reinforment kit not
that it matters since it is rather simple but I was
wondering about the extent of the fix needed.

The TRF blue book shows the fix for the front support
but mine is the back right which is weakened.

Given there are four U shaped brackets and the fix is
to insert a plate into the side and weld, does this have
to be on all four, both sides and what about a plate where
the bolt goes thru?

       |  |             |  |
    -->|  | <--      -->|  |<--  Front set

   Isn't just the inside and bottom of the back two

Gary Oehrle
oehrle@cadence.com
408-450-6521