Steering Wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering Wheels
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:32:48
Well I just replaced the ageing 15+ year old LeCarra steering wheel in the
Spitfire with a brand new LaCarra steering wheel.  The old one was getting
worn.  I always liked this wheel, 12 inch, really thick leather rim,
classic spokes, and wanted the same replacement. However, I always wondered
if the Moto Lita steering wheels would fit the LeCarra hub, because they
looked so similar and they had some very nice ones too but I never got
around to finding out.  They both use a hub with a steering wheel that uses
9 small screws and nuts to secure the wheel to the hub.  Well guess what. .
. as I unpacked the steering wheel, right there, stamped on the back flange
of the new one, not the old one, was LeCarra made in France by Moto Lita!!
Now maybe some of you knew that but it was news to me. . .So it looks like
the hubs and wheels are interchangeable after all!  Just thought some of
you might like to know. . .

Barry Schwartz (San DIego)
bschwart@pacbell.net

72 V6/5sp Spitfire