Downshifting

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Downshifting
From: "Ed Torrence" <etorrenc@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:53:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I've had trouble getting my posting to go through.  My apologies if you've
seen this before.

My '71 TR-6 runs fine when it's cold.  But after it warms up, I sometimes
cannot get the car to downshift into first or second.  Turn the engine off
and it will slip into gear easily.  There's no grinding or scraping noises.
Other than occassionally refusing to downshift, the clutch and transmission
sound and feel fine.  Of course, it only does this when I'm at a traffic
light and there are 5000 cars behind me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I'm not sure where to start on this one.