Re: She won't blow (my compressor)

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: She won't blow (my compressor)
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:31:27 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'Dan Masters'" <DANMAS@aol.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Chris Prugh wrote:

> The compressor has what looks to be a pressure switch built in to the circuit.
> The cap over this switch reads:
>
>       Pressure Switch  AC 250 V       15 A
>       On 7.5 kg/cm2                   Off 9.5 kg/cm2

On consulting my hand-dandy Pocket Ref for the conversion factor, it seems
that your switch turns ON at 106 PSI and OFF at 135 PSI

(1 kg-force per cm2 = 14.223 pound-force per in2)

So, if this switch is working, then it shouldn't "hold back" the
compressor.

Maybe 3 phase switches operate differently than single phase?

-Malcolm

PS if you already don't have one, then a regulator (or adjustable pressure
switch) would be a good thing to have... when you get the compressor
working, of course

Lots of tools don't like real high pressures.  Others need it.