Re: TR6 question

To: MMDBR@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 question
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:58:20 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
MMDBR@aol.com wrote:

> Hello fellow listers:
>
> My friend and TR3-4 mentor has purchased a `72 TR6 which has a problem he
> can't get on top of. The car car starts easily and runs perfectly at idle,
> but the warmer it gets, the worse it runs. When fully warm, it sputters,
> coughs, backfires, etc.
>
> Carbs have been adjusted, ignition seems correct. His next stab will be at
> the emissions system.
>
> Anybody out there run into this? Any and all input greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike Blonder
> Elmhurst, IL
> 63 TR4 (runs smooth, though a little thirsty, knock wood)

  Mike,
       A friend of mine had a similar problem,turned out to be
aftermarket air cleaners that did not have holes to match carbs,I think
it blocked air intake for piston.Whatever it was,drilling these holes in
the air filter back plate solved the problem. Hope your friends problem
is as simple.(and cheap)
                                         Good Luck,
                                         Bob Harris