Re: TR in Storage

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR in Storage
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:05:34 EST
A few days ago George wrote:

> a 72 TR-6 on blocks and in a garage.  Its been that way for
> about 2 years and will probable stay that way for another year or so.
>
> <snip> and the top is down.

I'd think that storing a top in the down/folded position is
not in the top's best interest.  It will likely develop some
permanent folds, which may turn into tears when stretched out
straight again.  Stretched tight in the up position is probably
just as bad.  For long term storage, I'd suggest moving the
frame/top almost into its "up" position, but not actually pulling
things tight into place.

BTW, since it's up on blocks you'd just as well go by and
spin the tires from time to time.  Certainly won't hurt anything
and for the front, it might keep brake pads and disks from sticking
in one place.  (I once helped a friend with a stored motorcycle
where front disk brakes rusted in place.  What a pain!)

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com