Re: Glove Box Lid TR3A

To: markg4269@toast.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Glove Box Lid TR3A
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:16:31 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-24 08:11:51 EST, markg4269@toast.net writes:

<< I had a question that hopefully someone out there can answer. The glove
box
 lid that came with the assortment of parts I got when buying my TR3a has a
 glossy wood
 verneer finish on the front side of the lid. All the pictures I've seen
 show the lid to be covered with the same material as the dash. Is this lid
 for a different car?....It seems to fit perfectly. Additionally, the lid
 attaches to the hinge via a metal plate that covers the back of the lid.
 Anybody ever seen one like this? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

The finish and maybe the kind of wood is an aftermarket fit, I've seen this
done before. Looks pretty good sometimes too.  There is a piece of wood on
the stock door, but it usually is not nice enough to leave showing..  That
piece of wood is  what is covered with the dash material.  The metal door,
with the hinge attached, is screwed into the wood, the raw edges of the
covering is sandwiched between the two pieces..  When the door is open, you
see the metal.  You probably could just cover the piece of wood you have with
vinyl and you would look like the factory setup, or you could leave it the
way you got it as a 'period modification'.

Good luck with the car.

Bob Paul
Corrales NM.