Re: List archive location

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:13:45 GMT
Don writes:

>I have found a bunch of archived email digests from 94-96, but nothing
>after that. I signed up for the daily archives last week, but would
>like to get all the digests for the last part of 96 through last week
>so I don't miss anything.

>Are these kept somewhere where I could FTP them or something???

Hi Don...BTW, congratulations on the new addition.  A TR8 sounds like
it could be serious fun!

Regarding the archives:  I just had a discussion about this with Bobby
Sykes.  Our conclusions are <until someone corrects us> these:

The *monthly compressed* archives on the FTP site do indeed seem to
end sometime in 1996.  Now I'm no wiz on the distinction between
different internet locations, so I my not have this down quite right,
but if you use the LWgate function on the SOL webpage you'll be able
to find the archives posted since that time.

Unfortunately there are two major problems with this.  The archives
are "dailys" and they're not compressed.  So you really can't collect,
say, a whole years archives and store them on your hard disk for easy
searches.  Not practically anyway.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits