Re: German Listeners......

To: "''" <>
Subject: Re: German Listeners......
From: Steinbeck Michael <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:38:19 +0100
Cc: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at
Hi Kris and the List,

Kris wrote:
>I'm curious to find out what speeds the Triumph drivers in Germany manage to
>do in their Triumphs whilst on the AutoBahn.  So if anyone in Germany is on
>the list then lets hear what model you've got and what it's top speed is!!!
>Also tell the list what modifications you've made....  Thanks for satisfying
>my curiousity.

I live in Germany and have a 1962 TR4 with O/D. I haven't done any
modifications to the car - at least non that would yield more power. The
top speed, that I reached on the Autobahn, was about 100 m.p.h. (some
160 km/h). But driving that fast is not much fun, since you basically go
straight and there is not much to it. I find it much more fun to drive
the winding country roads. I think the British roadsters are meant to be
driven that way.

On the other hand, when you have a really fast car (200+ km/h) and the
Autobahns are not congested (which they often are - usually you can be
glad to go 130 km/h for a longer time) it can be much fun.