TR6 clutch fork pins etc.

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 clutch fork pins etc.
From: Peter J Barrance <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 18:45:04 -0500 (EST)
Re - the broken clutch pin. I just hacksawed the end off the shaft  and
took it out, and replaced fork and shaft (nubbins on fork were worn.) A bit
drastic I must admit. The parts aren't that expensive though. If you
can't get the fork off the shaft, you can't get the shaft out of the
bellhousing (of course).

PS - I had the same experience (horn tooting) in the tunnel north of san
fran. I was running late for a plane so you can imagine how much it did for me.