Louvres in TR3a bonnet (hood)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Louvres in TR3a bonnet (hood)
From: "Andrew D. Flexney" <aflexney@baan.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 16:50:25 +0100
Hi everybody,

I have a TR3a which was exported to Canada in 1960. In 1987 it was
shipped across to Germany where I bought it in 1988. The unusual thing
about this car is it has louvres in the hood.

I once spoke to an English guy here in Germany and he told me that there
used to be a Canadian Racing Team that put louvres into the bonnets
(hoods) to help reduce the heat jams. I must admit I have never had
problems with overheating.

What I am looking for is somebody that could tell me more about this
rumour, do any of you have pictures or has any of you seen one of the
'original' racing cars.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers
AndyF

by the way the car is a 1959 TR3A painted in bright yellow and picture
of it can be seen on site:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Triumph-IG-Suedwest-eV/, it has done about
42000 Miles in the last two years being run in sommer and winter.