Re: THANKSGIVING

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: THANKSGIVING
From: Thomas J Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 17:26:54
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
 Fred, et. al.

>Ludovic, when America was discovered way back when, one day the native
>American Indians gave all the new settlers a big feast and called it
>"Thanksgiving" and since that day we have taken everything they have ever
>had, put them in stockcades called "reservations", buy them what we think
>they need and are still saying "Thanksgiving"

Thanksgiving has evolved into a celebration of whatever is good in the
lives of all North American peoples and can be extended to people
everywhere.   The cercomstances of conquest and settelment are not an issue
to the days meaning and celebration.   Peoples of all origins have cause to
be thankful and as such can revel in that oppertunity on the morrow.

I don't beleive that there is a region of the globe that has not been
overrun or over exploited by an out side social force or army.   Such is
the haritage of people.   Not Europien people, not Ameican people, nor
Aisan folks or our artic cousins.    We are in charge of ourselves now.

The study of history is not, in my opinion, best suited to a study in falt
and retribution but better to find a path to cooperation without memory of
wrongs for fuel.

Tom Howard
Lakeside Union School District
('72 Triumph GT6, and a good bit of USA iron)