Re: THANKSGIVING

To: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: THANKSGIVING
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 05:47:41 -0600
Cc: MEIRISONNE Ludovic <Ludovic.MEIRISONNE@DECATHLON.FR>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, MEIRISONNE Ludovic wrote:
>
> > It makes ten times at least that i am hearing about THANKSGIVING.
> > What is it as feast, for what ?
> > It doesn't exist in France
> > Explain me please
>

>   Something to do with giving thanks to the eventual victims of
> genocide
> I think.........
>
>   Johnny
>   '77 Spit
To all Non-US listers,
Thanksgiving is the holiday that the original English emigrants
celebrated after having survived their first year in America.  With the
help of the Native Americans(politically correct term for American
Indians), they had a feast of Thanks Giving.  So we celebrate every year
with a national holiday of Thanksgiving, it is always on the 4th
Thursday of November.

Our neighbors to the North, celebrate Thanksgiving on a different day,
sometimes in late summer or early fall, I beleive.  You will have to get
that story from one of them.

A good day for giving thanks is every day.  May the Lord bless you and
keep you. Peace unto you all.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston, Texas, USA