Re: A-post renovation

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A-post renovation
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:07:31
> If you have to replace the sills as well it may be easier, and a better
>looking
> repair to replace the A-post, I think you can get these from John Hills in
> Redditch,  I think Jonathon Miles replaces his, is  my memory working right
> Jonathon???
>
> Besides, the A-post is only spot welded on, should be too difficult.
>
> Rich
> Northampton

Yes I did it on my spit. and I'm well pleased with the result. It's
not a difficult job as such but it's a bit awkward reaching some of
the spot welds. There's a substantial reinforcing pillar behind the A-
post which has to be separated from it and then spot-welded back
(plug-welded). If you don't take the sills off first I'd imagine there
would be a lot of awkward welding to be done, standing on your head
etc.

P.S
My job(contract) ends tomorow so I will be signing of the Triumph
list. Many thanks to all who've helped with advice in the last few
years.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Spitfire 1500