Sediment and arachnid bowl

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sediment and arachnid bowl
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 18:51:54 -0500
What comes around, goes around.  Now its the Triumph
that's ferrying parts for the Mazda truck.  The guys at the
parts store think that's backwards - wonder where they
got that idea?  Anyway, 'twas a very nice day in Tidewater
(just for you Yankees :-)

The Triumph was missing a little under load, acting like it
starved for fuel.  So I popped off the float chambers, and
found some bits of grit in the bottom.  Cleaned that and
cleared the needle and seats.  (I don't have an inline
fuel filter, yet...)  Working backwards to the sediment
bowl on the fuel pump, I found all kinds of grodies on
the bottom, including, a complete, perfectly preserved
spider.  Quite pickled.  But, how the heck....

There was enough grodies in that bowl that I've decided
I need to pull the tank off and de-sludge it, too.  The gasket
around the float leaks anyway.  Wonder what other
critters are lurking in there?

Cliff Hansen
1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L
Red, rough, running