Re: TR3 Brakes Sticking

To: <HDRIDER570@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Brakes Sticking
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 18:18:22 -0600
I'll second that, although the only car I've seen it on is my racecar.
Years of dripping brake fluid onto the assembly, which then catches
dirt is the problem.  I had rebuilt the hydraulics to no avail. Works
perfectly now that I've cleaned and rebushed the assembly.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: TR3 Brakes Sticking
> Date: Friday, November 28, 1997 11:38 AM
>
> Ken Nachman wrote of his TR3 brakesw dragging and the brake lights
staying on
> when no one is in the automoble.
>
> I have seen a couple of cars now with the same problem.  Both of
these cars
> had rust/dirt buildup in the bushings at the top of the clutch/brake
pedal
> pivot.  The cure is to disassemble the pedal assembly and
clean/lubricate the