Re: Blaupunkt radio

To: Bob <rlmcneit@cpis.net>
Subject: Re: Blaupunkt radio
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:50:03 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Bob wrote:

> I have a Blaupunkt am\fm pushbutton radio which is age specific to my 64
> Triumph.  It was probably not an original option for TR4's, but it looks
> new, so I'll use it.  I've only got one small problem...on the back side
> there is a 5-din plugin.  There is  seperate pos and neg powerplugs, and
> a connection for a speaker too, but what is the 5-pin din plug for?

It's my hunch that the DIN plug is just there for convenience.  I have a
Philips tape deck that's got DIN plugs all over.  You use the plug if you
want to remove the radio quickly, it should have all the power/speaker
connections.

As for the pinouts, I've no idea.  You *may* want to try opening the unit
up, and seeing if there's a wiring diagram inside... lots of european
electronics have 'em.

-Malcolm