Re: TR6 Windshield Wipers

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Windshield Wipers
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 22:51:42 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> At the risk of sounding stupid, which side does the each of the respective
>wipers go one.  One is short and straight, the other longer and bent. Which
>one goes in front of the driver?  Either one seems to miss a lot of the area
>to the left of the drivers main view.  I think the bent one works better in
>front of the driver, but I have no guide as to which is correct.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com   non illegitimus carborundum
> http://www.altlaw.com/

Jim:

The "bent" wiper arm goes on the passanger side and the straight arm
goes
on the driver's side.  The bent arm is designed so that when the air
vent
scuttle is poppped up it does not hit the wipper arm (this is assuming
that
you're TR6 year has the metal scuttle that pops up as mine does, used up
Comm No. CF1).  The proper wiper arms and blades are important to the
year
of the car to fit on the windscreen properly. The previous DPO had the
later model arms on my 6 and the driver's side blade stuck out past the
windscreen.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6