Re: spit alt. conversion

To: lsmc@lightspeed.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spit alt. conversion
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:32:06 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-29 19:52:01 EST, lsmc@lightspeed.net writes:

> Ok......i'm lost.
>  Got the alternator (from a Fiesta)  mounted in my spit. It is externally
>  regulated so i bought a regulator also. The alt. has BAT, STAT, and F
>  terminals on it. The regulator has F, S, A, and I terminals on it. I
>  stopped by an auto electric shop here in town and he was nice enough to
>  draw up a diagram for me....unfortunatly it doesn't seem to work. The
>  ig. light doesn't work, the engine runs terrible, and i can smell hot
>  insullation. Joe tried to help me but at this point i need someone to
>  walk me through this. Has anyone done this befor? Any help would be
>  greatly appreciated!!!

Lew:

The alternator part is not too bad, but the changes required at the old
regulator can be difficult. If you will snail-mail me a copy of your
schematic, I will be happy to send you complete directions for the wiring
changes. The changes are simple, but without the schematic, I can't give you
the color codes, and it is difficult to describe otherwise.

Dan Masters,
1051 Vera Drive,
Alcoa, TN 37701

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74