Re: kit cars

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: kit cars
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 07:48:40 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Gary Nafziger wrote:
>
> > Does anyone out there have any information concerning kit cars that would
> > fit on an lbc frame?  I am thinking specifically of tr-4 and possibly tr-6.
> > I had even thought of comming up with a home made thing, maybe resembling
> > the Lotus 7.  I have enough parts to do something except a good body or tub
> > and just thought it would be fun to make a light weight runner that would be
> > a lot of fun, or possibly something really exotic looking.

        Well... looking to build a TR4 based got m into Triumphs in the
        first place... Specifcally the Hunter (formerly known as the
        Hathaway) kit car... The have since gone away (I dunno where).
        You might look to find an old Devon (tho vintage racers seem to
        suck them up as fast ast they can find them). I believe you may
        be able to buy an Ambro. It's a sports racer type car the will look
        rather exotic. I heard where the original designers are cranking
        out bodies again (though it might be a rumor).

        I think Bob Kamholz ("Cheesehead" to his loving pals here
        in the midwest) found a Jamaican in either someone's backyard or
        garage a couple of years ago. I think he may be in the process of
        restoring it... You might want to look for one of those.

        All in all I think you're gonna have trouble locating something
        recent since most kit car manufacturers look for components from
        vehicles still in production...

        I'd put a want ad in the Kit car mags if you're serious.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois