Pertronix Dedux II

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pertronix Dedux II
From: Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:02:14 -0800
Well, after replacing the original Lucas starter in the TR-6 with a Bosch
(you may remember that the Lucas showed signs of impending failure
shortly befor the Pertronix unit started acting up) I was off to
the Carribbean coast of Mexico (Cancun, Akumal, Tulum) for a couple of
weeks. A really great vacation... crystal clear water, beautiful reef to
dive on, Mayan ruins to visit.... highly recommend this for those of you
who like the tropics.

Anyway, Saturday I decided to reinstall the Pertronix... hope springs
eternal. Hope rewarded in this case, all is once again functioning
optimally. I want to tell you the electronic ignition really does make a
huge difference in performance. Egine smoothes out in all rpm ranges and
accelerations. They are however, as indicated in answers to my previous
post, sensitive to electrical influences. Moreso than points. Evidentally
the decrease in current applied to the primary circuit caused by the
failing of the Lucas alternator was enough to affect operation. All's
well that ends well though and we are once again purring down the road.

Deano