Re: Dove Kit....

To: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Dove Kit....
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:10:43 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Does anyone know of any Doves in the USA? Perhaps we could convince some kind
soul to
let us take a mold off theirs. I'm pretty sure the originals were fiberglass,
not metal.
I would think this would make the process easier.

The modifications were straight forward enough. The gas tank went where the
spare is,
the spare went on top of that with a false floor. There was space left on the
sides for
tools, whatever. There was a fold-down rear seat.

Hmm... perhaps an aftermarket hardtop (non surrey top) could be modified. Use a
GT6 rear
hatch -- we could be on to something here...

Does anyone in the UK have any idea where the original molds got to?
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900