Re: Paint color: Spitfire valve cover?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Paint color: Spitfire valve cover?
From: "L.D. Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 09:19:32 PST

>My "new" 1977 (titled 78) Spitfire 1500cc has a valve
>cover painted a color I would call hunters' orange, not
>too much different from chevy engine orange.
>
>I understand this is the correct original color, but
>would like to confirm, and to ask for recommended
>paint code or brand/color to duplicate the original.
>
>Also, I will be painting the block/head after the
>machine shop is finished.  I understand the original
>color is black, and plan to purchase a glossy black
>engine enamel.  Specific color code or other recommendations
>for this paint will also be welcome.
>
>Please copy me at r-james@tamu.edu.
>
>Thanks
>Ray
>-------------------------------------
>Ray W. James, P.E., Ph.D.
>Texas Transportation Institute
>Civil Engineering Department
>Texas A&M University
>College Station, TX 77843
>Phone (409)845-7436; Fax (409)845-3410
>E-mail: r-james@tamu.edu
>Date: 12/3/97   Time: 8:45:47 AM

ive got a 79 spit and the valve cover is painted the same color,
although from what i have seen, chevy orange is slightly lighter in
color (at leasst on my 63).  unfortunately i don't have paint codes for
the engine compartment.

larry, 1979 spitfire (currently in permanant convertible
mode)

of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most,
i stopped to think one day and forgot to start again