Re: Paint color: Spitfire valve cover?

To: r-james@tamu.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint color: Spitfire valve cover?
From: "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 12:29:38
At 08:45 AM 12/3/97, r-james@tamu.edu wrote:
>My "new" 1977 (titled 78) Spitfire 1500cc has a valve
>cover painted a color I would call hunters' orange, not
>too much different from chevy engine orange.
>
>I understand this is the correct original color, but
>would like to confirm, and to ask for recommended
>paint code or brand/color to duplicate the original.

Chevy orange (available in many over the counter brands) is very close.
Otherwise you'll have to go to the expense of custom-matching the color
from an auto paint supply house.

Atwell (Buff) Haines
'79 Spitfire FM96062

Succasunna, NJ USA
CarBuff@scooter.net
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."