Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:27:13 -0800 "Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment" (Dec 4, 7:48pm)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: Weather stripping on TR3 spare tire compartment
> drew@pixar.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
[snip]

> >             _
> >            / \
> >        TB /   \   L
> >          /     \_____
> >         |         P  )
> >          \     /-----
> >         O \   /   D
> >            \_/

[snip]
> Drew, one side is flat, this goes into the trough, then on the up side
> the low or short edge goes to the outside and the high side toward the
> inside. If you look at the door cover you will see that in order to seal
> off water the edge of the lid can only go into the short side with the
> high side keeping the water out. Damm I hope this is clear to you, it
> sounds real confusing to me. Good Luck.    "FT"
>-- End of excerpt from fred thomas

Your right Fred, it pretty confusing (not that I could have done a better
job mind you :-). I've added a few labels to the original which I think
indicate the parts of the seal/car you are talking about. The side labeled
TB would be the one which would be at the bottom of the trough. Side
O would be the side of the seal which is "away" from the lip. L is the
lip, D is the "flat'ish" part of the door and P is the part of the seal
which is pinched between the door and the lip. Am I anywhere near
correct?

Thanks for all the help so far,

Drew

--