TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 22:06:44 -0500 (EST)
Has anyone rebuilt a clutch slave cylinder recently??

The digram that came with the rebuild kit has me a bit confused.   I am not
sure where the seal goes in relation to the piston.

Is it at the rear of the piston, with the return spring fitted against it?

Or - do I force it (the seal) over the end of the piston and into the middle
of the piston where it is smaller in diameter.  The diagram appears to show
this to be the case, but if so, how in the dickens do I get the seal into
this area?

Please respond directly to my e-mail address as well as the list as I am
still on the digest.

All prompt replies will certainly be appreciated - I am trying to get the TR6
back on the road for Monday.

TIA
JoeSimcoe

74 TR6