Re: TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 clutch slave cyl rebuild question
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 08:28:33 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe:

I just rebuilt my clutch slave cylander an my '70 TR6. I'll try and
answer your questions

JoeSimcoe@aol.com wrote:

> The digram that came with the rebuild kit has me a bit confused.   I am not
> sure where the seal goes in relation to the piston.
>
> Is it at the rear of the piston, with the return spring fitted against it?

NO!

> Or - do I force it (the seal) over the end of the piston and into the middle
> of the piston where it is smaller in diameter.  The diagram appears to show
> this to be the case, but if so, how in the dickens do I get the seal into
> this area?

YES!  Actually it wasn't that hard to "force". The rubber is plyable
enough
that with a little force (get one side of the inner seal started and
pull,
stretch and it will pop on and then you just slide it up. You can apply
a little oil to help, but I didn't need to) it goes on nicely.

Joe, when you put on the rear seal, be sure to use the correct one (the
kit
should have come with two) and smear some oil on the inside before
installing.

Also, and this is critical, ONLY USE CASTROL GT LMA BRAKE FLUID! All
other Dot 3
fluids will destroy all rubber parts.  LMA (low moisture obsorbtion)
will not.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, let me know.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6