Re: Seatbelts

To: roblaing@unixg.ubc.ca
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 08:42:17 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob -

<<One seat belt will not retract properly, and the other
seat belt will not lock when pulled out quickly.  Any recommendations?>>

As for retracting - beats me - I have the same problem with a set that I
worked on.  My best guess is that you need to retension the spring on the
side opposite the mechanism.  I was chickent to mess with it as I was afraid
if I let it "Sproing" out of the body I'd never get it put back togeter.

As for the 'catching".  Pulling out fast has no effect on them.  There is a
litte pendulum device that hangs down in the mechanism.  You need to mount
your belts so that this hangs plum.  The idea is that when the car stops
suddenly the pendulum from inertia continues to move forward thus getting out
of alignment (moves out of the plum position) this engages the catching
mechanism.

JoeSimcoe