FW: TR-250 Body Assembly

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR-250 Body Assembly
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 00:52:17 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Brad Begin
<bkb@vol.com>]]

     Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 12:31:14 -0800
     From: Brad Begin <bkb@vol.com>
     Subject: TR-250 Body Assembly

I have my TR-250 body removed for sandblasting & rust repairs.  The
frame is solid, but the floorpans, both "B" posts, & passenger "A" post
need replacing.  What's the best order to cutout & re-assemble these
pieces so the doors will fit properly once complete?

So far I've thought of 2 plans of attack:

1. Take multiple measurements between the "A"&"B" posts and front/rear
clips.  Remove/install one floorpan at a time, replace "A" post, replace
both "B" posts, reassemble body to frame.

2. Take multiple measurements etc. then cut out both rusty floorpans
separating the front/rear clips.  Mount new pans/sills to frame. Mount
front clip to frame, tack weld to pans.  Mount rear clip to frame,
measure & tack weld.  Remove/reassemble "A"&"B" posts.

I'd appreciate any tactical advice/experiences from my TR Brethren to
get through this.

Brad
Atlanta, Ga